- This 1967 Ford Mustang C-code* Fastback is a daily driver registered as a Classic in Dubai.
- Initially purchased in 2016, this Mustang came from California, USA 2016 and underwent a restoration in Cyprus before coming to Dubai in February 2021.
- This Fastback comes with an upgraded big block 428ci (7.0L) Ford V8 paired with a new Tremec 5-speed manual transmission.
- The seller reports a full body restoration was completed in Cyprus with subsequent work completed in Dubai.
- In 2021, the body was repainted in Dubai at Wicked Kustoms in its original Acapulco blue with two white racing stripes.
- The car features its original leather interior with low back bucket seats finished in cream white and matching door cards.
- The black carpets were replaced. In addition, aftermarket gauges were mounted on the steering column alongside the originals.
- The seller reports the air condition system was also recently overhauled.
UNDER THE HOOD
- A 428ci FE Ford V8 was previously installed in place of the factory V8 Windsor typically found in C-code Mustangs.
- Power is routed to the rear via a new 5-speed Tremec manual transmission replacing the original Toploader 4-speed.
- The odometer shows 82k miles (131k km). Total mileage is unknown.
- The car is equipped with power-assisted front disc brakes and rear drums.
- 15″ Cragar wheels wear Cooper Cobra tires (235/60 front and 245/60 rear)
GOOD TO KNOW
A few areas of upcoming repair and maintenance particularly for the suspension, were noted during the inspection namely:
- Steering rack including tie-rods inner and outer
- Front and rear shock upper bushings
- Front upper suspension arms – left and right
- Front lower suspension arms – left and right
- Rear spring – left and right
- Crankshaft oil seal – front and rear
- Rear differential oil seal – front and rear
- Rear brake cylinder leak
- Water pump and coolant leaks
- Full details can be found in the Inspection Report
- The seller states the car is on factory leaf-spring suspension and could benefit from an optional upgrade to coilovers.
- The car also comes with a matching colour spoiler and several original badges and trim pieces
- Note: this is not a Shelby GT500 model as seen on the lettering on the side
RESTORATION & UPGRADES
- Equipped with a larger 428FE Ford V8 engine in place of the original 390ci V8.
- Body repair completed in Cyrus and repaint at Wicked Kustoms Dubai.
- New Edelbrock carburetor, fuel lines, and high-pressure water pump
- Upgraded with a rack and pinion steering system with power steering
- ENGINE START, HOOD
- ENGINE START, REAR