The Mustang name carries with it a certain level of pedigree and air of performance. This Mustang may be a modern classic but it still promises to deliver on that. This specific car is a top of the line GT soft top convertible. So while you’re cruising, you’re doing it while enjoying the burble of a small block V8 with all of the open-air joy that comes with a convertible. Over 200 horsepower and 300 lb ft of torque are made through Ford’s 5.0L V8, a fuel injected 302 cubic inch Windsor small block. Power is sent through a 4 speed automatic to the rear wheels.
This is a US import that has remained with the same owner for nearly 15 years.
Output for ’91, unchanged since the ’87 model year, stood at a healthy 225 hp – not bad for a car that tipped the scales at a modest 3100 pounds. The five-speed shifter’s throws are long, and the clutch travel is even longer, but there’s a notchy precision to the process of changing gears that encourages a little enthusiastic rowing. Steering, as it was on all Fox-bodied Mustangs, is pretty wishy-washy, and in the curves, the car imparts the disquieting sense that its MacPherson-strut front end has no clue what its live-axle rear end is up to at any given moment. In a straight line, though, the magic shines. Long stainless-steel exhaust pipes resonate with a sweet baritone as revs rise, and 300 lb-ft of torque, peaking at 3200 rpm, adds ample fury to the sound. – Carlos Amoedo, Motor Trend
This unmodified Mustang GT Convertible came equipped from the factory with:
- Traction-Lok rear axle
- 16-inch chrome wheels
- Braking: Power-assisted vented front discs and rear drums.
- White leather seats
- Amenities include front seat power lumbar controls,, cruise control, power windows and door locks, an AM/FM radio/cassette player and air conditioning
GOOD TO KNOW
As detailed by the inspection report attached and seen above:
- Minor leaks are seen around the engine oil pan and nut, transmission rear oil seal in addition to the exhaust
- Minor remarks were noted for the headlining and condition of consumables such as the engine oil, coolant air filter, rear and parking brake pads.
- The car is fitted with 2020 date code Michelin tires. The spare may require replacement.
Service history records dating back to November 2017 Five Star Auto Repairing Garage in Dubai, UAE are available on the History Report.
- ENGINE START – HOOD
- ENGINE START – BACK