This 1993 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am is a fully restored 90s muscle car powered by a LT1 V8 mated to a 4-speed automatic. Ordered in Firebird Formula specification, this car came as a hardtop coupe instead of the removable T-Top found in most models. Under the hood is GM’s more powerful LT-1 5.7L small block V8 producing 275-hp and 330-lb ft of torque to the rear wheels.
The interior features white leather 20th Anniversary seats with Trans Am embroidery. A Pioneer stereo (the head unit) with AUX and USB was also added. Other additions include a rear camera, parking sensor, and an anti-theft alarm.
This Firebird was purchased by its current owner (second in the UAE) in March 2017 at 140k KM and was restored over the course of the past 4 years. The owner reportedly spent over AED 65,000 on restoration parts alone. The large majority of which were AC Delco in addition to various performance brand parts ordered from the US. The majority of the restoration process was done at Liberty Service Center (the former GM dealer) in Sharjah.
The last service was completed on March 10, 2022 (engine oil + filter + AC maintenance + general checkup)
Mechanical Repairs & Restoration
- Engine: Replaced the pulley, tensioner, timing belt, intake gasket, motor mounts, ignition distributor, ignition control module, spark plugs, ECT (temp) sensor. The throttle body was reconditioned and a custom exhaust was installed.
- Drivetrain: Transmission tube gasket & seal, transmission oil + filter, transmission mounts, rear axle shaft bearing & seal kit, master overhaul kit for the differential
- Cooling: All new cooling system – water pump, rubber hoses, thermostat, temperature sensor, fans and fan motors. Upgraded radiators (it comes with 2 radiators, one for cooling and one for the AC) to suit the region’s hot weather.
- Fuel delivery: The fuel tank was removed, cleaned and painted. A new fuel filter, pump, sensor and fuel sender assembly was installed.
- Suspension: New bushings (all around), tie rods. Upgraded shock absorbers and performance lower control arms
- Brakes: Upgraded rotors and brake pads. Replaced brake booster and brake master cylinder
- Wiring: Engine bay re-wiring, new battery ports, short circuit protection system and a new battery (1 year-old). Starter motor and solenoid replaced
Exterior & Cosmetic Restoration
- Exterior: Full car paint in red (original color) with Nano Ceramic applied thereafter. Black rooftop wrap. Pontiac and Firebird Decals. Windshield washer pump and nozzles.
- Interior: Replaced windows lift motors, mirrors motors, dimmer switch and replaced the upper dash. Replaced tailgate lift support struts
- Lights: Upgraded to halo fog lights (original fog lights available) & LED Headlights (original headlights available). Replaced the headlights actuators for lights pop up mechanism
- Wheels: original rims painted black with custom centre covers
Good To Know
As detailed in the inspection report, no areas require immediate attention. Various wear and tear components may require attention in the future namely belts, shocks, and control arms. On the cosmetic side, the front wiper blades and interior lights have also been noted.
ENGINE START – HOOD
ENGINE START – BACK