The JZX100 was built in the golden era of Japanese performance in the 90s. The height of performance over-engineering during which Toyota and the ‘gentlemen’ of Japan’s automotive industry were ‘limiting’ power output to 276 hp. Enthusiasts were quick to find out that these figures were understated. They were even quicker to find many ways to extract more power from these robust and reliable power plants.
While the Tourer V came with plenty of luxurious amenities and a spacious cabin, the real hero of this sleeper saloon was its 1JZ. Toyota debuted its third generation 1JZ-GTE with 24 valves, variable valve timing, multiport direct injection and a single CT15B turbo. Collectively these updates significantly enhanced efficiency and low-end torque. Let’s not forget the JZX100 also came with double wishbone independent suspension on all four corners and sway bars as standard. With RWD, sleeper saloon styling and a long wheelbase, it’s no wonder the JZX100 is a favourite for drifters, tuners and fanboys.
This Tourer V was bought from the USS Tokyo auction on Feb 11, 2016, with 187,997 km and an inspection grade of 3.5 at the time. The vehicle was subsequently imported to the UAE in 2016 and was stored for some time. It was then registered in late 2018 by its first owner in the UAE, who owned it for approximately five months and drove it until 195k km. The second and current owner in the UAE has since added approximately 10k km. Note, according to the owner, the speedometer has not been operational since approximately 201k KM. The owner estimated the total current mileage to be 205k KM. This car was used as an occasional daily driver The owner also rereported no track use, and mileage records indicate it has had light usage since imported.
Garage invoices and spare part receipts indicate the following maintenance was undertaken in the UAE over the past two years. The scanned documents can be found in the History Report above.
- Aug 2021: New battery installed
- Nov 2020: Repair of oil leaks from the front main seal, cam seals (x2), and valve cover seals gasket. Replaced rear differential bushings at Al Rashid Auto Mechanic in Dubai, UAE.
- Tensioner, belt idler, air filter, oil seals (x2), and spark plugs (x6) purchased from Ibrahim Al Marzouqi Auto in Sharjah, UAE
- Bushing (x2), radiator cap, and valve cleaner purchased from Murshd Auto Spare Parts in Sharjah, UAE
- Nov 2020: Gear bushing purchased at Rukn Al Badei in Sharjah, UAE
- Nov 2020: 4 x Michelin Primacy 4 measuring 205/55/R16 purchased and alignment completed at Future Tyres in Dubai, UAE
- Oct 2020: Engine oil change with Toyota oil filter, Castrol Magnatec 5W30. Radiator coolant top-up at Wheel 2 Wheel Auto Service in Dubai, UAE
- Apr 2019: Engine oil change with AMS and engine compression test at Kanzen Motorsports
- Jan 2020: Engine oil change with Toyota oil filter, Castrol Magnatec 5W30 at Wheel 2 Wheel Auto Service in Dubai, UAE
- 2019: Brake pads replaced, and brake rotors resurfaced
Note: The owner also reports regular oil changes were done at 5,000 KM intervals, as documented in a few receipts
GOOD TO KNOW
During the inspection conducted by Kanzen Motorsports, some oil leaks were found in addition to various suspension bushings that will require replacement. It was also recommended that the radiator be replaced, or a coolant leak be addressed. The full details of this and all other findings can be found in the Inspection Report.
Additional parts included with the sale include:
- 1x Digital dashboard instrument cluster
- 4 x Inside door chrome handle sets
- 2 x Side mirrors (with LED indicators) painted in the same colour as the car
- Comes with one key, but the owner reports additional new ones can be bought and programmed.
The owner also reports this car is free of rust, and there are no known accidents.
- ENGINE START – HOOD
- ENGINE START – BACK